1/13/14

Lulu Chang // Founder & Creative Director, Show Me Everything




Lulu wears Margiela bodysuit and Current Elliott jeans

What is sexy?

 The realization that I had a different definition of what is sexy came when the Director of Advertising for one of the world’s largest, most iconic brands deemed my style “too intellectual” to fit in with their sexy image. I swear, I wasn’t wearing any Margiela that day!

 But as someone who considers themselves a creative, rather than a model, it was difficult for me to accept. Even designer Phoebe Philo vamped it up for the cover of The Face. Because, after all, fashion can expand beyond our personal style. And if Phoebe is any indication, the eyes have it.

 I guess I’m a fan of sub-text. Since I moved to Los Angeles, about a year and a half ago, my general impression of sexy girls in LA has been that there is none. To show skin is to show skin. If you’ve got massive tits, flaunt ‘em. That doesn’t seem too fun to me. I mean… who doesn’t like a good chase?

 My favorite sexy piece of clothing is a nude bodysuit (YES! BY MARGIELA!). The material is spectacular because it molds to your body hiding all of your imperfections. The result is similar to real life air brushing. I like to wear this underneath boyish jackets or loose fit jeans. It looks like you’re wearing nothing at all except you’re actually completely covered and incredibly warm. It’s the tension the suit creates and the ease in which you wear it that oozes sex appeal. See? Intelligence is kind of hot. - @_luluchang

No comments:

Post a Comment