1/10/14

Jen Karigan // Special Events Coordinator, Bollare


I keep it simple and I like to be able to get ready fast. Before applying makeup, I wash my face, with something gentle like Cetaphil. To prep my skin, moisturizer is a must. I start with Kiehls’ Rosa Arctica cream, it has a light-weight, minimal, clean scent and doesn’t irritate my skin. Moisturizer helps me blend everything in naturally. Next, I use Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer. It has the SPF for protection, but won’t clog your pores and keeps your coverage flawless. I don’t like heavy foundations or cake-y make-up that covers everything up. 

For the face, I like a healthy, warm glow all year round. After all, this is LA. I tend to bronze the spots that sunlight naturally hits, like the forehead, swoop over the nose and brush over cheekbones and neck. For daytime and a more natural look, I go for a matte bronze, my go to is Bobbi Brown. For night, a slight bronzed, shimmer and blush in Nars’ duo Orgasm and Laguna is perfect. Since I will never have those bushy eyebrows like Cara or Bambi, I define and fill in my eyebrows with Smashbox’s Brow Tech - everything you need to have polished brows. 

For the eyes, eyeshadow primer is a must. I hate smudging and without it, I always get black creases. I use Urban Decay primer, its ultra sheer, nude, and my eyeliner lasts all damn day. I’m a huge fan of the cat eye, it accentuates the almond shape. Sephora is my go-to for long lasting, liquid eyeliner. To finish the eyes, I love my Shu Uemura eyelash curler - it makes such a difference! Mascara is probably the longest part of my beauty routine, I paint lots of layers. Not shy to play up the volume on my lashes, but I don’t do lash extensions, seems like such a hassle. Smashbox’ Full Exposure mascara is the best, it does wonders for volume and curl. 

Lastly, I cannot live without MAC Ruby Woo lipstick - longest lasting lipstick. Literally, it will not move (eat, drink, anything… no touch up required) and the color is like none other. Voila! - @jenkalllday

No comments:

Post a Comment