1/10/14

Raych Nguyen // Blogger, That’s Chic





Raych wears silk top, lace cardigan, and jacket by Raquel Allegra

Eyeshadow is foreign territory to me. No amount of YouTube videos I watch can convince me that there is a technique to make eyeshadow look good on me. So if I ever get around to playing with eye makeup, I do it in a way that isn't so conventional. Most days, this means mascara and maybe a little eyeliner.

Good brows are the perfect accessory to naked or dressed eyes. After years of trial and error, I finally found something that worked for me: $1 clear mascara gel from E.L.F., Bobbi Brown dark brown/ grey shadow, and an angled brow brush. The gel helps the eyeshadow stick onto the brow all day. This works so much better than pencils and lasts much, much longer. - @thatschic 

For Raych, we ditched the eyeshadow in favor of an unconventional "wet look" smokey eye using Kevyn Aucoin's eyeliner pencil in black. Simply line your eyes with the pencil (in this case, it should be a little messy), apply a small amount of Aquaphor to the smudgy end of your pencil or cue-tip, and go around your eyes again. - @_luluchang

No comments:

Post a Comment