1/14/14

Jessica Dang // Studio Manager, Kenneth Willardt & Blogger, Single Girl Dinner

Jessica wears a shirt by Jcrew, Acne jeans, and Van Cleef & Arpels necklace

I like to keep my makeup fairly straightforward as I’ve recently relocated from New York to ranch living in California. Even though I’m technically in the middle of nowhere, I still like to look polished yet not overdone. My routine starts with a thin layer of Origins’s Smarty Plants CC SPF 20 Skin Complexion Corrector to even out my skin tone, finished with Chanel’s pressed powder along the T-Zone because that’s where I get shiny by midday.

 For a healthy glow, Chanel’s Les Beiges is my secret weapon. I use No. 50, which looks dark in the compact, but, when you brush it on, it’s literally a whisper of color that somehow transforms your entire face. I like to add a touch of Giorgio Armani’s Blushing Fabric in Translucent Strawberry on the planes of my cheeks for that “just-pinched” look. Cream blushes are great to have in your bag because you don’t need a brush to apply it, and this one has a silky texture that blends easily.

The filling in of eyebrows is especially important, as mine are practically non-existent. Lulu tells me that it makes my face look more interesting and that if I had perfect brows, it’d be boring. I’m currently using the eyebrow pencil by Hourglass in Blonde, which gives a softer look.

When it comes to lips, though, I stick to a combination of Nars’ Honolulu Honey lipstick (classic nude) with a slick of YSL’s Glossy Stain in Brun Glacé (a reddish brown) on the inner lip for everyday. I’ve been wearing it that way for years now.

 That’s pretty much it.

Admittedly, there are times where I do crave a bit of glam at the ranch. It’s funny how something as simple as extending your eyeliner a little further than usual – (“No, further… Further… A little more…”) – can make such a statement. The trick to keeping it modern, as I recently learned from Lulu, is to keep the line straight and tapered, but not flicked up at the end like a traditional cat-eye. And that’s just enough glam for me. - @singlegirldin 

 For Jessica, we experimented with lengthening her eye. First, I had her draw a basic thin cat-eye (ie: “straight and tapered”), starting from the mid-eye and out using a combination of liquid and pencil (any will do). She lined her whole bottom eye with a very, very thin line starting from the tear duct. And when I thought Jess’ cat-eye didn’t go far enough, I demanded her to make it longer.

 Now, here’s my trick, it’s Kevyn Aucoin’s Curling Mascara in black. This mascara is all about separating; and the shiny, lightweight, narrow red tube is pretty to the touch. A good separating mascara is crucial when we apply it to the outer half of Jess’ lashes. This is something I do all the time when I don’t necessarily want my eyes to appear larger and doe-eyed… more like, longer and cat-like. And you can see the side-by-side results in the last photo. Meow. - @_luluchang

No comments:

Post a Comment